Why you should rent a photocopier
Whether you are looking to hire a photocopier for the short-term or the long-term, you can be sure that it will be a money-saving investment.
By renting a photocopier from us, you not only avoid the often large upfront costs of buying a new machine, but you can also avoid other costs such as maintenance and resource fees.
The most common reason a business will rent a photocopier is for the flexibility.
Rental contracts can range from a few weeks to five years, so you’ll be able to get hold of a machine for as long as you need it.
Renting vs Leasing: which is right for you?
For many businesses, buying a photocopier is a huge expense. In fact, many businesses aren’t even aware that hiring or leasing a photocopier is a legitimate option, let alone a money-saving one!
There are many situations when you might need a photocopier. But should you lease one or rent one?
- Renting a photocopier for a monthly fee allows a company to use a more advanced machine that might otherwise be out of their price range.
- Rentals are more flexible than leasing and are usually paid on a rolling, month-to-month basis. This means you won’t be locked into long term contracts.
- Typically contracts are easy to cancel, so long as you provide 30 days written notice.
- Renting a photocopier allows you to upgrade or downgrade your machine as and when you need to. This means you can jump up to a bigger machine if business is busy, downsize if it’s quiet, or even upgrade just to get the latest machine!
- Photocopier rental contracts cover both service and supplies – which means no unexpected costs down the line.
- Monthly rental fees are generally higher than leasing fees due to the shorter, more flexible contractual agreements in place.
- Renting a photocopier for a long time might eventually prove more expensive than buying the same model outright.
- Leasing a photocopier allows a company to secure a high-end MFP for fixed monthly payments that cover a set period (12-64 months).
- Monthly leasing fees tend to be lower than monthly rental fees.
- Leasing payment schemes are 100% tax deductible, which helps you to manage cash flow and funds.
- Lease payments can be deducted from taxable profits if your company pays corporation tax, and can be reclaimed on a ‘by payment’ basis.
- When your lease contract comes to an end, you’ll be offered the option of purchasing the photocopier at its current Fair Market Value (FMV) or upgrading for a brand new machine.
Service, maintenance and supplies are included
Although you have to pay a monthly photocopier rental fee, it can actually work out to be cheaper as maintenance and toner are included in the cost.
Another benefit to renting is that if your machine breaks down, which isn’t unlikely over time, it is not your responsibility to repair it.
All you have to do is call your supplier or manufacturer and request a maintenance technician to come as quickly as possible.